Mr. Roth’s career in real estate began directly after college when he went to work as a property manager for Sol Goldman. At the time, Goldman was New York City’s largest individual landlord. It was during this time that Eric acquired firsthand knowledge and expertise in property management, commercial leasing, real estate finance, DHCR regulations, as well as zoning and re-development.
In December of 1984, Roth resigned his position and joined Friedman-Roth. During his early tenure with the company, he was actively mentored by his father and quickly learned the trade, becoming a successful and respected Broker in his own right. By 1991, both Jesse Friedman and Selwyn had retired from the business as Eric was provided with the opportunity to continue their tradition of excellence. In 2005, he added George Niblock as an equity partner and the firm entered a new era.
In 2009, as part of an overall expansion plan and vision for the future, Roth and Niblock merged the company and reunited with Joel Radmin, who had originally started his career in 1985 with Friedman-Roth before moving on to form his own highly successful brokerage firm. This renewed partnership gave rise to the current form of Friedman-Roth Realty Services LLC, which is jointly operated by the three partners and incorporates the services of 22 additional associate brokers and salespersons.
- Roth’s long list of brokerage achievements and sales include:
- An upper west side 26 story luxury apartment building located at Broadway and West 87th Street.
- A 13 story luxury apartment building in Sutton Place on East 55th Street.
- Several multi-building portfolios in Washington Heights and The Bronx.
- The sale and leaseback of a commercial building that is home to NYC’s oldest and still operating movie theater (The Coliseum Theater established in 1920) located at the corner of West 181st Street and Broadway.
- A 1,100,000 square foot industrial facility.
- Numerous transactions on behalf of the FHLMC (“Freddie Mac”), the RTC (“Resolution Trust Corp.”) and the FDIC.
- Friedman-Roth has also been recognized by Crains New York and The CoStar Group as one of New York’s City’s top sales brokerage firms.
Education and Certificates
Roth earned his Bachelor’s Degree at Washington University in St. Louis. During his long and decorated career, he has earned various certificates and licenses. He is a Licensed Real Estate Broker, and a former Board Director of the Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP). In addition, he holds a Certificate of Completion from the National Asbestos & Environmental Training Institute (NAETI), several Certificates of Award issued by The City of New York’s Housing Preservation & Development (HPD) and is certified by the Unified Court System of the State of New York to serve as a Real Estate Broker and Property Manger on behalf of the Administrative Court.