George grew up in the rural town of Leeds, New York, located 125 miles north of Manhattan, with a population of just 500 people. He left the comfort and familiarity of his small town to attend college at St. John’s University where he graduated in 1994. During his college years, in addition to managing a Blockbuster Video store, George also worked at Madison Square Garden in the telemarketing department selling season ticket subscriptions for both the NY Rangers and the NY Knicks. In 1994, while working at a NY Rangers hockey game, George met Eric Roth, an encounter that would change both their lives and help shape the New York real estate industry. George eventually accepted an opportunity to work as a salesperson at Friedman-Roth Realty Corp. and his career in real estate was officially launched.
For George, the transition to real estate was a natural one. His prior experience allowed him to utilize his skill set and quickly rise to become the company’s leading salesperson. After many years of success and dedication, George became an equity partner of the firm. Not long after, he became further invested in the future of the company as an equal partner of the company. Since 2005, he has co-owned Friedman-Roth Realty Corp. along with Eric Roth.
During the course of his years of, George has become one of NYC’s most trusted and knowledgeable real estate brokers. He has brokered deals throughout the five boroughs as well as the states of New Jersey, Connecticut, Illinois, Alabama, Wisconsin and Ohio. His impressive and varied resume of transactions include: the sale of luxury apartment buildings, development sites, office buildings, shopping centers, and single tenant retail and triple net-leased properties.
Some of his signature transactions include his participation in the sale of
- 247 East 28th Street “The Grayson”, New York, New York ($99,750,000)
- 780 Riverside Drive, New York, New York ($32,378,000)
- 295-297-299 Third Avenue, New York, New York ($27,950,000)
- 5 Building UES Package, New York, New York ($21,500,000)
- 100-02 Forsyth Street, New York, New York ($16,000,000)
- 112-116 Avenue C, New York, New York ($16,700,000)
- 65 Bank Street, New York, New York ($15,783,000)
- 529-535 East 81st Street, New York, New York ($16,900,000)
- 61-63 West 106th Street, New York, New York ($15,000,000)
- 75 – 83 Orchard Street, New York, New York ($24,000,000)
- 210 Rivington Street, New York, New York ($12,500,000)
- 392 Columbus Avenue, New York, New York ($10,000,000)
- 550-556 West 184th Street, New York, New York ($12,000,000)
- 142 Sullivan Street, New York, New York ($9,425,000)
- 201-209 West 11th Street, New York, New York ($30,000,000)
- 111 East 22nd Street, New York, New York ($9,400,000)
- 570 West 204th Street, New York, New York ($10,800,000)
- An Upper Westside Package of apartment buildings ($50,000,000)
- 1221-1231 White Plains Road, Bronx, New York ($17,500,000)
- 2131-2141 Starling Avenue, Bronx, New York ($17,000,000)
- A 6 Building Bronx Package of apartment buildings ($27,600,000)
- A CVS located in Mobile, Alabama ($ 7,150,000)
In 2009, as part of an overall expansion plan and vision for the future, Eric Roth and George merged the company and reunited with Joel Radmin, who had originally started his career in 1985 with Friedman-Roth before moving on to form his own highly successful brokerage firm. This renewed partnership gave rise to the current form of Friedman-Roth Realty Services LLC, which is jointly operated by the three partners and incorporates the services of 20 additional associate brokers and salespersons.
George currently resides in Manhattan with his wife Helen, their daughter Emma and son Magnus.